Wednesday 2 October 2013

Yarndale 2013

Well...
I went to Yarndale 2013 on Saturday and absolutely loved it!  So, I'm going to record my fabulous day, here on my little blog.

We set off from Nottingham early - for us, that is - and were wowed by the changing scenery.  Now, as hubby and I are both born and bread in Leicestershire, with it's gently rolling countryside, we rather miss hills.  Whoops of joy issued from the car as we drove out of Nottinghamshire and into Yorkshire.  By the time we got to the Skipton area we were beside ourselves!

Note to self:  Buy a decent camera!

So, we arrived in Skipton, parked up and began the decent down a yarn bombed path leading to the auction market where Yarndale 2013 was waiting for us.  By the time we got to the bottom of the path I was already excited - I'd have paid the £5 fee just for that yarnie walk!

                                         Fantastic crochet bunting everywhere! 

Once inside - Wow!  This really was a yarn show.  The bunting hanging on the ceiling at the entrance was enchanting.  I loved the colours. I loved the shapes.  But mostly, I just stood there thinking about the time,  effort and love that had been put into this display.  It set the tone for a wonderful day!


                                 The bunting at the Entrance to Yarndale 2013

Being a fairly recent returner to all things yarn, this was my first time at any sort of yarnie event - well what a first!  Couldn't have been better! 

Spencer, (hubby) had wanted to come with me so that we could stay in the area for a couple of days and explore.  He had promised not to look bored - he didn't have to look enthralled, just not bored!  Well, he succeeded.  In fact, he even looked interested occasionally!
 
                                                     Spencer's favourite exhibit! 

I've never seen so much yarn and it was great to see the journey from live fleece, (alpaca, sheep and angora rabbits) to the final, yummy ball of yarn ready to be made into an end product.  If only money wasn't so tight at the moment, I would have spent a fortune!

                                                                 My purchases. 




2 comments:

  1. The yarn looks awesome, Kerry, no wonder you wanted to buy them all :) What are you planning to knit with them? Cannot wait to see the creations in a future post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have knitted the most delicious infinity scarf with the top right, pinky purple yarn.
    The light blue and dark blue little balls are for wrap over baby cardigans.
    The reset I'm not sure about - just wanted it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I'd love to read any comments you might have. Please be kind though...